Saturday, January 10, 2009

Naked Knitter - well sorta! -
It's snowing in my neck of the woods. This was NOT a sneak attack, this was a planned-for event. We all knew it was coming around. The little weather bug thing that warns us of upcoming precipation kept me in the know! But here's the strange part... yes, I am getting to the sorta kinda naked knitter part. Why - yes, why --- why then do I head to the grocery store in the brunt of this brutal winter attack and then realize as I am loading up all my commodities- that I have NOT one stitched item adorning my frigid body? NO friggen hat! Ok, so I dont really wear hats cuz I dont want to ruin my hair. Dumb, I know. But I grew up in the 80's with the ol' big hair scene and maybe it stems back to that. Of course, no my hair is not big now but it does suffer greatly from static electricity at times... (although I have recently been given some very handy info in re: to this dilemna... carry around FABRIC SOFTENER SHEETS to rub on your hair! Heeeeee.. NOT LYING - hmmm.. maybe I should sew one to the palms of the MITTENS or fingerless gloves?) Hmmmm... yes, back to this naked Knitter stuff.. since i mentioned MITTENS, or fingerless gloves.. NOT EVEN any of those were on my hands! What is the deal with that? PLUS come to think of it... I dont even OWN a scarf? AND I have made hand knit socks... woooool in fact... BUT I was wearing my older UGGS without SOCKS... cuz that's what I do. Now I tell you, in all honesty. This is NOT RIGHT! Do NOT follow my example. I have probably broken some unsaid rule/law in regards to this shameful act of not even wearing at least one piece of knitting/crochet during the wintery bliss! I repent! Perhaps I should go make myself a scarf... cast on the second sock of the Koigu pair.. AND consider buying those little mitten clips for children - so I have absolutely NO excuse NOT to be preparred for the next outing! hmmm...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I just found your podcast and blog both and I am really enjoying them. I found your podcast first and it jumped out at me because you knit and run which I do as well, but then when I found your blog I see the PaperbackSwap button and the Goodreads montage both of which I use as well. It's starting to get spooky! Looking forward to more...

Crochetlocket said...

Thanks for listening - reading - and sending me encouragement! I appreciate it!!!