Sunday, September 14, 2008

Luna-tic Moth-er Frogger Shawl!


Geesh! Can you say RiP-iT? RiP-iT? I surely can and DID!!!! BUT, I am NOT defeated! I shall prevail... after dusting myself off.... literally... but I'll explain that a little later...... I CAST ON AGAIN for this stinking shawl! OOmmmph!

My sister best appreciate all my hard efforts.. hee hee... Seriously I KNOW she does...

I had that shawl goin' good.... at least, I thought I did! BUT i was NOT using any markers... and kind of winging it... rather than really taking the time to sit and figure the math end... such as: exactly HOW MANY repeats of the 10 st.s would each NEW set of repeats require? Plus I was eyeballing the center stitch... rather than actually marking it... and finally I did NOT initially mark the FRONT SIDE of this beauty...which would help me to really know whether or NOT I was on an odd or EVEN (PURL)... roll all of those together and what do you get? TWO handy dandy balls of yarns! NO SHAWL-in-progress... just balls of yarn!

So... where do I stand NOW? IN this LuNaTiC MoThEr FrOgGeR shawl dilema?

Ok...

deep breathing no longer nec...

...and shawl is in progress

... - safely nestled on my bamboo circular needle..... amongst lovely lime green yarn remnants aka stitch markers...

and it's gettin there...

on the second repeat... and enjoying the pattern to an extent...with one exception--- which has NOTHING TO DO with the PATTERN... but more to do with the "dusting myself off"-part of the story:


...... BERROCO ULTRA ALPACA light yarn


is still quite SHEDDDDDDDY! I KNOW that I am NOT imagining this!

Seriously! I was soooooo itchy tonight... and I happen to be wearing a WHITE SHIRT ... my yarn is BLACK... can you guess where this is leading? Yep... I got furry substance on my shirt... and it was also on my face... and boy-oh-boy was it makin me go insane with the itch-factorness! No lie.... I tried to explain this to the yarn shop owner... who (--hee heee---) takes my project, (this was when I was working on brea bag...),... ok picture this... takes the brea bag and kind of shakes it over the table.. as if little particles are going to fall off! Immediately I thought of the movie, Breakfast Club, when the girl was running her fingers through her hair to make her dandruffy-goodness escape from her scalp and land onto her hand-drawn winter scene to simulate fresh fallen SNOW??? ....heeeeeeeeee.....

I don't quite think it is THAT BAD... but when working with it...or more than likely during the wearing of the finished object.... it DOES/WILL SHED! AS a matter of fact, I can see little straggles.. and even some LONG straggles at this very moment on my laptop! I KNOW I am NOT going crazy! hahahah!

Perhaps I am one of a very few who will openly admit to this potential flaw in the yarn... cuz I am NOT afraid of the yarn-nazi's retaliating! heeeeeeee! It is what it is...and that is... A SHEDDY-itch-fest! Hmmm... maybe I can find one of those bee keeper suits (or just that mesh face mask thing!) on FREECYCLE.ORG and I can wear that during my future knitting sessions with this yarn? hmmmm....

No comments: