Wednesday, July 24, 2013

the squirrelly goodness has arrived....

Ok, I got all confident during my time at SSK2013. So much so that I had allowed myself to be convinced to embark upon the squirrel sweater (craftsy: custom yoke sweater) that the lovely Susan B. Anderson showed during the design your own fair isle hat class. 

Whats wrong with me? What was i thinking? Oh well, no time for that now! I have a bag of yarn crying out to me. It is beckoning me to knit it up...  I am very carefully (for now) going through step by step of the online class. You know what that means right? Finding one of my sweaters and measuring it up, and then doing  a gauge swatch in the colors... yeah, we shall see how that goes. At best, if I tap out early, I can get some self adhesive velcro attached to the ball-bands and wear around the jumbled up skeins with pride? Ideally, in my fantasy world, I would love for this to turn out the be my Rhinebeck sweater! Wouldnt that be special? a girl can dream, right? Well lets see how this turns out... 

You going to stand by and watch this --train wreck--, I mean... this adventure of mine? I will keep you posted.



No comments: