Wednesday, October 01, 2008




"Everlasting bag" in Crochet Nylon....


Finished!!! woooo!!! DD desperately wanted to snag this bag for her school supplies, but I declined. As it stands, when items go to the well-intended youngest of my tribe, she inadvertantly winds up leaving them in a heap on her bedroom floor. NOT interested in that for this lovely bag has a purpose! I have joined the ranks of other earth-friendly shoppers and ventured into the land of BYOB-- yep, bring your own bag. I have taken the step into this, once an embarrassing concept, and have decided to NOT look back! The pattern is a free pattern from Ravelry.com which snagged it off of Knitty.com. My first bag of this pattern was created in a hemp version; however I must admit--- it looks like the hemp is NOT wearing too well. Appears to give off an "overly washed" look... do you know what I mean? Strange thing is that I have YET to even toss it in wash/dryer or any such thing. It just looks well worn? Go figure! But this nylon beast is shiny and new...hahah! It has some weight to it. The loverly handle-ramas are a treasured find from the Walmart clearance section. A whopping $5 smackers got me these fancified camo adjustable beauties! Fabulous! Let's just hope that this thing can carry its weight at the grocery store!
--------------------------

Going to pull out the DASHINGS that I nearly left behind.... and finish those! Been far too long of a hibernation period for them... and then, I shall have to find another project to keep my fingers busy. Although the bun cover scene is always an ongoing fall-back-to project fest! But I need something else to keep me in the loop! Considering scarves.... browsing the pattern selections on ravelry.com

--------------------------UPDATE:






done! FEZA fanatic yarn.... still have leftovers!

Just need to remember which is which.... for the cables... the RIGHT: the cable in back aims toward the right... and vice versa for LEFT.

... maybe, just maybe, I will find the other ball of this yarn and then I MIGHT be able to venture into the legwarmers that dd yearns!!

_________________________

There is a vest in Knitting Classic Style that has caught my eye AND my dad happened to ASK me to knit him a vest this evening during our chat! Apparently he has a lot of faith in my knitting abilities... whereas I obviously don't seem to think the same!
_________________________

No comments: