Monday, June 09, 2008


Knitting Socks for the summer: A BREEZE...???

Well, hopefully Knitty's pattern for BREEZE socks will actually be a breeze to complete! Right? Just casted on for these lovely gems and the color selected matches the color of this post's title! BRIGHT! wooo hooo!! Eye poppin socks! yep... no stripe-age... no funky tofutsie yarn.... just solid color.... The Plymouth Italian Collection: SOCKOTTA...... color 816....... dpns: size 2--bambooo----

Basically I have to find something to do in this heat... aside from cracking the whip at my middle child and assigning chores..... (for previously -vaguely mentioned- infraction)..... Trust me, I would rather be chillin over at our local beach club... knitting.... sunning, dining on BLT's .. heeeeeeeee... child-less, tribe-less..... for only a few glorious hours of the day... wouldn't we all? But, that dream has been washed ashore! no more for me...... it's sargeant mom.. aka : becuz I said so--momma... you know the drill... consequence queen! lovely!

I suppose -- maybe I can harvest the bamboo growing in my yard? hmmm... and try to make some needles? Wonder how that would work? How do people do that? I have bamboo growing like mad in my yard.... as a natural privacy fence. Am I crazy, or can one actually make dpns out of this lovely mass of bamboo madness that seems to have a mind of its own????

hmmm... the things that I ponder!




No comments: