Sunday, April 16, 2006




~~Sera-finale and New Project~~

The seraphina Shawl is complete and I started with a new project from the small booklet: Cool Cover-ups to crochet by Treva G. McCain. The pattern is called seashells. It is a cute little capelet-type poncho. The last time I did this project, I used a worsted weight size 4 yarn. I found out the hard way that it was the wrong size. Obviously I didn't check my gauge and when it was finished, it was huge and FIT me! But, I frogged the piece because I basically had no use for it. This time I smartened up and read the directions re: the proper weight size of the yarn!!! I am using a size 3 yarn and a size H hook. It really doesn't take long to work this project up, but as I mentioned earlier...this is spring break for the children!

I have been trying to find some unique patterns for the Kitchen/Bath swap. It's difficult to narrow down the selection when I am not quite sure of the preferences of my soon-to-be partner. I am so anxious to get started. But, I guess I will have to try to have some patience.

The Fidelco pup has two more weeks before she comes off of her "house arrest". The organization is incredibly cautious with these pups because there is always a risk of the pup contracting Parvo before having had all of the combo shots. Soon enough she'll be able to hit the streets. As it stands, I currently have to CARRY her around when she is not at our home. I have done this on several occasions, but she is getting mighty heavy! I will be thankful when she has had her final dose and she can walk on her own four feet!

No comments: